Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popurls

Posted by LEMBAR Monday, March 16, 2009

Mother of aggregators


The genuine aggregator for the latest web, the site created a new trend in so called The Mother of aggregators, a single page that encapsulates up to the minute headlines from the most popular sites.

One of the most useful sites to come across my radar in a while, Popurls is a site dedicated to grabbing the "buzz", or what's popular, on the Web.

Popurls is the dashboard for the latest web-buzz, a single page that encapsulates up-to-the-minute headlines from the most popular sites on the internet.

With the intention to get a quick glance on what’s happening on the web while keeping the common newsreader clean from short-term headlines, popurls was launched in march 2006 by thomas marban who is often mentioned for creating the original trend of “single page aggregators”. rather than a tool, popurls is considered as a gate to a highly selective collection of the most popular sites, presented in a usable way for every device & service. after features on thousands of blogs and newspapers like the NY times, yahoo! named it best of the web to finally enter the 30 most popular sites of all time on del.icio.us.

“there’s no better way to watch the hive mind.”kevin kelly, founding editor wired magazinereplaced about:blank with popurls.comfirst user comment

and more. Much more. I love it! It’s already got a place of honor on my already overcrowded Firefox toolbar.

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
LEMBAR
When I couldn't fly, you gave me wings. When I couldn't see, You being my eyes. When I couldn't breathe, You be my parting lips. Thank you, Thank you and thank you for all the attention you have given (Society). My Email : Clenoros@yahoo.com
View my complete profile