Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Which Alternative Browser?

Posted by LEMBAR Saturday, March 21, 2009

Majority



After your page has been hand-coded in a text editor, how do you view it? A web browser, of course. (more on how to view your page later.)

The majority of Internet users are probably using Internet Explorer to browse the web, but since IE is buggy and not very secure, I personally recommend downloading and using an alternative browser.

Also, it is very important to view your web pages in more than one browser, since they all interpret code differently.

All the browsers listed below are excellent choices to replace Internet Explorer for full-time web browsing. And the best news is, they are all free!



  • Firefox (Mac and Windows) - my personal favorite browser. If you have any doubts that Firefox is a better choice than Internet Explorer, check out SpreadFirefox.com and an article at Information Week that refers to a recent spyware test from University of Washington.
  • Opera (Mac and Windows) - another favorite. Works great, and like Firefox, Opera is more secure than Internet Explorer.
  • Flock (Mac and Windows) - a great browser for bloggers. Built on Firefox.
  • Safari (Mac only) - You cannot download this unless you have a Macintosh computer.
  • Camino (Mac Only) - Built on gecko, which is the same engine Firefox uses, but it optimized for Macintosh.

Please read the terms of use for any programs you download.

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
LEMBAR
When I couldn't fly, you gave me wings. When I couldn't see, You being my eyes. When I couldn't breathe, You be my parting lips. Thank you, Thank you and thank you for all the attention you have given (Society). My Email : Clenoros@yahoo.com
View my complete profile

Blog Archive